Nostalgia
Today at work the computers were down -- well, the network was down and that at a large law firm means that email, faxes, time entry, word processing etc. were not working (i.e. everything but the calendar). Nobody quite knew what to do until they figured out that the network was working on the 21st floor -- in the room where the computer people work on the computers. So they set up a bunch of computers in there and the lawyers & secretaries all worked (7 at a time) -- just like kids in a computer lab!!! I made that remark to four attorneys who were squeezed in practically shoulder to shoulder and they seemed to get nostalgic. Anyway, the whole thing made the day somewhat fun (like lawyer camp or something) until they got the network back on line at about 2:30.
Thursday night I went out to Knoxville's Sundown in the City where they have free concerts downtown. I went with Cissie, the receptionist at Baker Donelson and we had a helluva time. Well, actually it was just an alright time. The concert was fun, and the company was good, but then we went to a really crappy meat market bar. Yes, there was dancing, but it wasn't the type I prefer. Plus, it made me miss dancing with the Quincy ladies and my roomies from college. QL - don't forget our date with VIVID.
In the meantime, I'm hear listening to my CD of Showboat. Scary? Yes, but every time I don't act or direct for awhile I end up listening to CDs of musicals and singing along. Crazy? Perhaps...but at least I know that means I got to get myself on the audition market or directing market as soon as I get to Cornell.
No comments:
Post a Comment