Here we go again with the Friday Five. Incidentally, this one is apparently recycled from last year. Friday Five person must be pretty damn busy these days!
1. What was the last song you heard?
I believe it was R. Kelly "Snake." I always listen to hip hop music at the gym and I believe "Snake" was the last song I worked out to. Though, if I count hearing myself sing, it was probably "Why do I love you?" from Showboat.
2. What were the last two movies you saw?
Ummm...that's hard to say. I watched the end of Dr. Strangelove today and Mike and I have been watching parts of Buckaroo Bonzai. But as for movies in totale, that would be Belle du Jour and Sick.
3. What were the last three things you purchased?
Four packs of index cards.
Decaf Mochas, cookies and bagels at Collegetown Bagels.
The film A.I.
I'm also going to include a 4th thing -- a damn non-working cordless phone for Best Buy that Best Buy better take back!!!
4. What four things do you need to do this weekend?
Take that stupid phone back to Best Buy. Read the Turn of the Screw (again, because I don't remember any of it from sophomore year in high school and we are discussing it in Cinematic Desire this week). Work on a lecture on Stanislavski and the Group theatre. See a student production/adaptation of Alice in Wonderland at the Schwartz Center. Only four things?
5. Who are the last five people you talked to?
Does voicemail count? Ok, probably not. James Kincaid -- who is part of a Queer Studies conference that I need to go to tomorrow. I picked him up at the airport. Let's see, I also talked to Brian, a fellow grad student, this afternoon. A pharmacist at my prescription coverage company -- she is truly a gem (I'm actually not being sarcastic here). She managed to get my pills off to me with Saturday delivery after Medco mailed it to someone in New Jersey. I hope that something wonderful happens to her! Oh, and a fourth: I suppose that could be anyone of the people in my Homer course.
That's all for now. Adios.
No comments:
Post a Comment