Sunday, September 26, 2004

Now I'm finally not sick. I slept for 16 hours Thursday night. That means I'm majorly behind. But I'm still going to answer Lisa's Friday Five.
The Calm and Composed Friday Five
1. What is one time that you thought you were absolutely going to explode in rage/disgust, but instead you managed to hold it in?
The one time? Don't you know that I have that Shea cool and that this happens many times? Ahh...let me think about this. Well, I remember coming to this point multiple times with planning my wedding. Most recently though? I think it was toward a certain fellow grad student -- now gone -- when we were interviewing a certain candidate last year. Yeah, his statements just about caused me to lose my cool in a major way. But I held it in since we were in the middle of an interview.
2. What is one time that you instead went, er, taxi driver on their ass?
Hmmm...I don't think Taxi Driver Megan has been seen since high school. Frankly, I don't miss her that much. Knock on wood.
3. Do you have a method to staying cool, a trick, or are you just naturally able to hold it in?
Sometimes I count in my head. I remember being really mad at a kid at camp once. I was a CIT at the time and this kid was so nasty to this other camper. I yelled at him and the kid just smiled back at me devishly. I almost had to leave the van for fear I would begin to beat him. But I just sat back and counted. I guess we all feel like that at times. Thankfully, I'm a much calmer person now.
4. Given that you can't always stay cool when someone starts talking jive at you, what's the best comeback you ever thought of in time to say at the appropriate juncture?
Now my strategy is to smile and be super nice to them when they're mean. They don't get their satisfaction; in fact, they just get more angry and give up. Ha ha. I should have used this strategy more at the Yankees game last week. Oh well.
5. But say you get so mad that you're the one who's out of line ... how are you at apologizing, jerk?
I would just say to the person that I'm an idiot. And I would force myself to look right into that person's eyes and say sorry. You, yeah you, I'm sorry.

Ah, the musings of a passive aggressive. Now, as per usual, I must go do work.

No comments: