Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Chicago again??

That is where I'm headed tomorrow. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, both the conferences I attend are in Chicago this year. Why? Probably because it's a good central place for people to get to in the U.S. I certainly don't mind going...it's a lot better than other conference places, but I'd like to separate the going by a year or so at least. Oh well. The next one is in New Orleans. Yippeee! In August! Boooooo!

I'll return this Sunday to NYC, and I'm going to try to stay in the city until Mike's gig at 9p.m. What I will do wandering around the city on a Sunday with my suitcase in tow is beyond me. But I'm sure I'll find something fun. Perhaps I will begin the Christmas shopping. It's got to start sometime...right?

This past weekend I went up to Western MA to Double Edge Theatre to see their new production. I'm really excited about it because a lot of the imagery fits in so nicely with my dissertation topic. Speaking of dissertation topic -- I wrote my first two pages of my dissertation today. You may not realize this, but it is a very big step to go from reading to writing. I didn't realize it until I got into that in between reading and writing period. It's awfully strange. Perhaps the many writings on liminality have actually stemmed from the author's own feeling of in-betweenness when writing.

Finally, I should mention that, as many of you have guessed, I am simply ecstatic about the elections! I feel like an enormous weight has been lifted...so great a weight that I am willing to change the name of this blog. But I have yet to figure out what to change it to. If anybody is actually reading out there, I will take your suggestions now...

No comments: