Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Here I am in Ithaca.


In case you were wondering, yes, it is snowing. But I have to say that it its a lovely snow. There are some good things about being back in Ithaca. First of all, there is Wegman's -- the supermarket. In case you didn't know, Wegman's got 3rd best company to work for this year. And why did it get it? Because Wegman's is a supermarket experience beyond all other supermarket experiences. You don't believe it until you live in Ithaca (or near another Wegman's) and you actually want to go food shopping. It's simply a beautiful supermarket. Plus, at the moment, I don't really feel "cut off." Or at least since I'm not staying here for a super long period of time, I don't feel the dearth of shopping opportunity.

At Cornell, this week is the first week of the Spring term. I arrived last week to begin directing Uncommon Women and Others. So far the experience has been wonderful. I'm really enjoying directing a play with all women. Yes, of course, I enjoy directing men too, but there is something special about directing a Wendy Wasserstein play with this cast and at this time in my life.

Until later...

No comments: