Sunday, August 19, 2007


So last week I went to a Justin Timberlake concert. Needless to say, it was fabulous. I do have a lot of respect for JT as a performer and as someone who hires other performers for their vocal and dancing talents as opposed to hiring them for the excellent plastic surgery jobs they have had done on their bodies. He did a group bow in the end and seemed like an all around generous guy and great performer. Indeed, he played several instruments at the gig and did some mixing with Timbaland. Who could ask for anything more?

I haven't written in awhile and thus I haven't told you about my trip to New Orleans. New Orleans is by far the best city to have a conference in. Sadly, because I went for a conference I did not get to see much outside the business section and french quarter. This means I didn't see any of the destruction -- something New Orleans residents say is a must-see. I guess, I'll have to go back. I'd like to think that by the time I go back it will be gone, but somehow I doubt it.

Anyway, while I was there, I rode a mechanical bull. It was spectacular. I got up the next day and had this bruise on my chest. And I thought, "Where did that come from?" And then I remembered, "Oh yes. I rode a mechanical bull last night." When I've told people I did this, they have asked if I fell off. Hell yes! I mean, does anyone ride a mechanical bull and not fall off? Please let me know if that is the case. Nonetheless, it was fun. And it's something to check off the list of life accomplishments.

Reading: Syllabii. I should be teaching freshmen writing at Baruch and Fordham Colleges this fall. I don't have sections yet, so I hesitate to say whether or not this is true.
Writing: An article.
Watching: I started watching some of the TNT shows online. I enjoy The Closer, like The Company, enjoy the parts of Saving Grace without Earl, and hate Heartland. Recently, Mike and I also finished the Sopranos last season. I guess since everyone hated the ending I didn't expect anything much. But for a show that didn't wrap-up en finale, it sure did too much wrapping up throughout the season. Except...whatever happened to Jennifer's son and ex? We also saw The Simpson Movie. I found "Spiderpig" most pleasing.
Blooming: I purchased a yellow rose plant today and it's next to the pink one's. I also bought some Astilbe to fill in the front. The Astilbe is done blooming, and the roses are forming buds. Right now I have a butterfly bush, monarda, pink and white phlox, some yellow daisies, black eyed susans, gayfeather, catmint, coneflower, one tiger lily, dahlia...I think that's it. The gladiolus bloomed when I was in New Orleans. Of course.
Sitting: My cousin's dog: "Hero." Hero is a female rat terrier. She is three years old and absolutely a delight to be with. Julie will be coming to get her tomorrow. But my week with the dog was fabulous. I'm returning her smelly and with overgrown nails.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Megan!
A recommendation to those who are without premium cable - MAD MEN! It's on AMC and available through on demand (do you guys have that?) and, I think, on itunes. It's an HBO caliber program. Not, like, Sopranos or Deadwood or The Wire caliber.... but it stands up to Six Feet Under or Big Love quality. I am wildly recommending it to everyone. Also, what town do you live in? I went to a wedding in West-something CT and thought I might have been in your town. I loved the last season of Sopranos, but definitely coulda used more Melfi. She totally broke my heart, coming out of nowhere like that...
With a comment that got out of control and clearly ought to have been an email,
maura