
Cooper had quite a week this week. On Thursday, he went to Canine Kindergarten (doggy day care) in the morning to play with the other pups. He was terribly sad that he had to leave after only a half day. He wouldn't even come to see me at the door. I had to go in and get him. But the reason why he went for a half day was to tire him out for his second visitors. Drui and Maeve, my cousin's kids. He loved them, chased them around the yard, licked them. It reminded me of why I liked dogs so much when I was younger, and I was happy he was so well-behaved, even though he ran around like a crazy dog. He really enjoyed himself. Then on Friday, I took him on a walk with my friend Josei, who just had a baby named Kasey. She had the baby wrapped to her in a Moby. But Kasey's feet stuck out enough and Cooper got a few licks in. Saturday was a boring rainy day for super Cooper. But on Easter Sunday, I took him to Gedney park, which appears to the be the only park around where it is safe to walk dogs off-leash on the trails (no giardia-ridden deer poop and no leash requirement). We walked for a mile with a couple and their three other dogs. One of their dogs was an eight month old English pointer, and served as the perfect match for Cooper's energy. After that, we took Cooper to Easter at Mike's grandmother's house. There were six dogs there, and Cooper made SEVEN. I had no idea Mike's aunt was going to be there with her five dogs, but she was, and I spent a lot of time acclimating Cooper to the environment. Thankfully, all went well. And now Cooper is pooped.
I don't often blog about the doggy, and you may find it boring or fun. But know I won't be blogging altogether too much about him, even though he is adorable and enjoyable. As for me, this weekend I laid out the tiles for the floor in the bathroom downstairs. It can be really maddening to lay out 12"x12" sheets of tiny tiles when there are two kinds of sheets, and if you use the wrong one you get two black tiles together when you don't mean to. I now feel I understand why some of the most frightening scenes in The Shining occurred in the bathroom. It's the TILE. Oh, I thought I was mad. I started naming the different sheets of tiles and sorting them by name. And this is only the beginning... I have not actually mortared the tile down. That's the scary part.
1 comment:
oh, I am PRO dog posts. dogs are the best, and your cooper is beautiful! as an apartment dweller, I am not in a dog place in my life, and I frankly DESPAIR of ever being in one. I realize that this is a not-sad first world problem of the first degree.... but still. I think it's sad not to have a dog.
-maura
Post a Comment