Good morning. Here I am at my favorite coffee shop home, less than a week away from when I receive my Ph.D. It's an exciting time. I'm most happy that I'll have the chance to celebrate with two other ladies with whom I've enjoyed 5-6 years of academic torment. It will also be nice to have my family meet my professors. Mostly, I'm looking forward to the robes. I know you are too. I'll be sure to post pictures.
In the meantime, I've been writing a lot. I need to begin reading a lot again too. But before I really start heading back into academic books, I'd like to read one more novel. Donna Tartt's The Secret History is first on the list. I look forward to it.
Today, I will work a bit on my article and more importantly, I will look at refrigerators. I don't know if you know or remember the state of my fridge. But let's just say it has its own ecosystem. And it's been that way for the past three years. So on the third anniversary of the fridge, I'm getting a new one. And it's going to be really fucking nice, biyatch. I will also post pictures of the old fridge clothed, without clothing, and the new fridge, which will need no clothing whatsoever. Look forward to it. No one gets to see my old fridge without its clothing. It's that embarrassing.
For now, party on.
1 comment:
Congratulations Megan! Although I will probably call you "Ole Doc Shea" from this point forward. I hope that's okay.
Post a Comment