Thursday, January 09, 2003

"What will you give Jesus this year?" is the sign outside the Broadway Baptist Church this week. It prompted me to imagine some sort of Indiana Jones II like scene where they tear hearts from bodies for the Gods. Personally, I don't think that's what Jesus was looking for, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the Broadway Baptist Church had in mind.
I've decided to keep track of the cats around our house. As some of you know, cats are plentiful in our area and they often change from week to week and even day to day. The cat of this week (and mind you, I reserve the right to make at least 2 cats Cats of the Week when I, or the cats, so choose) is an Orange Tiger. If that is not a technical term, forgive me. At any rate, I'd like to call this cat "Today is Tomorrow" after a character in the Tom Robbins book I'm reading. Today is Tomorrow likes to hang out underneath our back porch and indeed, on our back porch. But Today is Tomorrow is also a bit a afraid of us and he runs when he hears our footsteps.

No comments: