Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Where have all the cats gone? I just don't know. I wonder if they all froze during the storm, or if they tried to migrate south. Whatever the cause, the cat sightings are no longer as frequent. Of course, with the Spring weather soon to come along, I suppose they'll be lots of new kittens appearing in the near future.
This weekend involved watching the documentaries on the Lord of the Rings DVD -- not the one's on the new special edition, but the old one. Most of the documentaries were quite enjoyable but I must admit that they were more than a bit repetitive. They all loved quoting Cate Blanchett about "passion" and wanting to have elf ears.
I also watched Rushmore (again) and Touch of Evil (for the first time) this weekend. If you haven't seen Touch of Evil (and perhaps I'm the only one) then I highly suggest you rent it for (1) the first shot, which is one of the most amazing things I've seen and (2) Charlton Heston as a Mexican -- que bueno.
Anypoop, I've got to get back to work. I'll be spending my break mailing various things, including Maura's Christmas present, which I have finally managed to amass.
"sic transit gloria. Glory fades." - Max Fischer, Rushmore

No comments: