Saturday, February 07, 2004

Delicious. I just had three of the cookies I made yesterday along with some English Breakfast tea. I enjoy the little pleasure of having tea in the afternoon.
My weekend consists of work, work and more work. I'm so confused. Wasn't the beginning of last semester easy? Why is it that the beginning of this semester is so difficult? Shouldn't I have loads of time to run around Ithaca? And if I don't, what is going to happen when I have a paper to do?
Well, actually, I do have a paper to write for next week -- but it's only a page long. It's actually a speech on why people shouldn't bother voting. What? Why am I stuck with this subject? Well, last week we had to write a statement on something we truly believe in...so I wrote one on believing in voting. As soon as the professor collected these speeches, he assigned a new speech indicating that we believe in exactly the opposite of what we wrote in the previous speech. Oh, how I longed that I had submitted an essay on abortion or gay marriage or guns or ANYTHING but voting. You see, we are graded on believability (i.e. whether the rest of the class believes us) and no matter how persuasive my little non-voting speech may be, I highly doubt that the otros chicos y chicas will believe that I don't vote. To make matters more difficult, we often discuss political things in class and I feel I can't open my mouth until this speech thing is finished. Damn.

No comments: