Monday, May 24, 2004

Alright...here I am answering my own Friday Five.
Physicians and other medical fun
1. What was the best doctor's visit you ever had. Come on, there must be one of them...
Does finding out I tested negative for HIV count as a doctor's visit? I went to a clinic, but I think that counts. I also enjoyed going to my doctor this past time, because it WASN'T ABOUT MIGRAINES!!! Yay!
2. Would you ever want to be a medical doctor? If so, what kind? Why?
I've often thought that I would like to be a medical doctor. Strangely enough, I think I would want to work in the morgue. That way I wouldn't have to worry about saving lives....just dissecting carefully.
3. Are any of your close buddies doctors or nurses? Do they like their job?
No, I don't know any doctors or nurses. Just lawyers, engineers, teachers, and a couple people that work for companies. My Aunt Mary went to nursing school, but had to give up nursing after she had the twins because of her legs. Personally, I think someone I know should go to medical school so I can bother them when I have a medical question.
4. What was your pediatrician like?
My pediatrician, Dr. Reiner, was awesome. He used to throw my socks across the room after taking them off. He also had a drawer of toys -- plastic dinosaurs, plastic rings, lollipops, etc. and I got to choose one after every visit.
5. What's the silliest thing you've seen a doctor do?
This is a stupid question. Why did I ask it? I guess the best thing I can think of is the socks. Oh, I also had a boil in high school and when I went to the doctor about it he seemed to enjoy the fact that he could stick a tweezers inside it and rummage around. Damn, that boil was mf'ing painful.

So that's it on the Friday Five front. I'm in the midst of my paper on A.I. so I probably won't be blogging for the rest of the week. I should mention that lightning struck just outside my window at 4 a.m. last night and damn, was that thunderstorm loud. Then the fire department came and sat outside the building. Theye were nice enough not to use sirens, but their trucks still made a helluva lot of noise. As you can probably guess, I didn't get much sleep last night.

No comments: