Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's only Wednesday and I'm itching for another Friday five. Actually I'm just itching to avoid reading...which I really can't do for much longer today. I'm also itching to avoid going outside. It's extremely cold out. With the windchill, it's 5 degrees, and my car is parked way, way, way out in A Lot. Yes, I'll be taking the bus out there.

Mike and I have a mouse...or mice. We're not sure which. But I bought those traditional mousetraps -- the kind that snap the mouse's neck. Yes, the kind you see in cartoons. And I put some peanut butter on them for bait. So I pick Mike up from work yesterday, and he asks some sort of question about the traps while looking at them. And I reply, "There's lots of peanut butter on them." And he says, "What peanut butter?" And he's right. There's no peanut butter on the damn traps. Moreover, the mouse (mice)managed to get it four times. Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I'm silly to even try to use these traps. But I used them in Kansas and caught many a mouse. Same trap. Same peanut butter. Unfortunately, this mouse (these mice) is going to make me break down and buy a "Have a Heart Trap." Maybe it's a Secret of Nimh mouse, like Jonathan(s). Or I could be really vicious and buy that sticky stuff. But to tell you the truth, I'm just not that cruel. At least the current kind of traps kill the mouse immediately. The sticky one's torture them...horrible.

No comments: