Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Today I bowled at the department bowling/lunch/party. It was a lot of fun. At first, I didn't even know how to throw the ball. I kept telling people that I had only done candlepin bowling before. Most people looked at me like I was crazy. Candlepin bowling? What? Yes, they really didn't know what it was. So I played three games and first got a 42, then an 83, then a 94. I almost broke 100 on that last one!!! The good thing is (I guess) is that I won the department prize for lowest score. O.K., so perhaps it is a little embarrassing.

Next week school starts again, and my first two weeks are crazy hectic because we have search candidates coming, and I'm a light board operator for a show. And, of course, I still have to read!!! But I'm getting down to the books I'm much more familiar with now, so I don't feel as worried as I once was.

Here's a little Friday Five:
Tardy

1. Are you timely or always late?
A little of both. Sometimes I'm late to things. Like I'm always a little late leaving Ithaca for a family destination. But that's because I have so much to do before I leave! I just can't help it. But I'm ontime for things like class and meetings (*knock on wood*).

2. Do you wear a watch?
I did. I want to still, but I replaced the battery in September and the battery stopped working after two days. I don't know whether to go back to the same place -- if their batteries are bad, or what.

3. What is the most important event you have been late for?
My bridal shower. I wanted to do my nails before going to Sirro's for lunch (the alibi). I'm not really sure how late I was, but I was late.

4. What kind of system you have for keeping track of your bills?
Oh, a mad system involving different colors of highlighter for different months on the bank statement, and organized bill files. I love it.

5. What is your favorite time of day?
Most often it's night, but I could really go for a day on the beach in the Carribbean right now.

No comments: