What is going on with the Friday Five girl? I mean, who can't come up with five question? Who cares if they are a bit repetitive? Really, the only excuse I can see for this kind of laziness is if the Friday Five woman were pregant with triplets +. Today I'm going to make my own Friday Five about food and I don't care if it's already been done before.
Megan's Friday Five.
1. What's your favorite type of cookie?
I would have to argue for the gingersnap. I'm a big proponent of gingersnaps and I want them all the time. Of course, they have to be homemade. No corporate substitute will do. If I have to eat a corporate subsitute cookie, I go for Archway's Molasses cookies or some kind of Pepperidge Farm (gingerman, bourdeaux).
2. What's the best dish you've ever made?
This is tough. I would argue that my 5 hour Martha Stewart Lasagna that I made for the cast of Butterfly Kiss was perhaps the best thing ever. I made it again with my Mother for Becky's shower but unfortunately, we put way to much spinach & mushrooms in. The 5 hour lasagna is much better when the emphasis is on the cream sauce. Oh, and I also discovered that it wasn't my fault that it took five hours to make. It took five hours when my mother and I made it too and she is one efficient cook!
3. What's the best food restaurant you've ever ate at and what did you have?
I think there was a restaurant called Five Seasons in Cambridge that closed and subsequently re-opened? At any rate, they had delicious vegetarian food as well as free-range meat dishes. I had some free-range chicken that was absolutely to die for there. I thank that chicken immensely for living and dying. Thank you little chicken for giving me the best tasting dish of my life.
A close second to this dish would be the macaroni and cheese at the Black Swan in Stratford-upon-Avon. Damn that's good macaroni and cheese!!!
4. What's your worst food memory?
Ugh. My worst food memory has to do with the time I got food poisoning from a milkshake at a Perkins restaurant. Although the milkshake was Ok, the memories are painful...terribly painful. If I ever have to go to Perkins again, I will stick to tea and french fries.
5. What's for dinner tonight?
That's a good question. I don't really know. I think that Mike has to work late and thus I will be on my own. Perhaps I will eat the leftover Moosewood meal (we went to the restaurant last night). Perhaps I will have leftover tofu & broccoli in peanut sauce.
See, it can be done!
No comments:
Post a Comment