Well, I missed my weekly posting. But this time I have an excuse. I went to Boston/Providence this weekend for a conference at Brown -- Performance Studies International. Stupidly, I flew instead of driving. I thought: "This will be great! It will take less time than driving AND I'll be able to do work on the plane." Clearly I was wrong. My flight to Boston was delayed leaving from Ithaca. Then when I arrived in Philadelphia just in the knick of time to make my connection, they kept us out on the runway for 40 minutes. Why? Oh, there was no gate to pull into. For 40 minutes?????? Anyway, then when leaving from Philly, I was delayed again because we were 25th in line for departure. So that was more runway time. Finally, when I got to Boston my bag hadn't arrived. My Dad and I had to wait for it to come on the next flight. Going back I had a six hour delay (no reason ever given) for my flight and Ithaca. And it's not like they said "Oh, your flight is six hours delayed." No, they said: "Oh, your flight's delayed. Oh it's delayed some more, and more...etc. " Eventually they cancelled the first flight and put me on a second one. Sigh.
The conference, on the other hand, was lots of fun. I met up with old college buddies Paige and Matt. It was the first time we were together since my wedding. What fun!
I also got to see my parents and the Myers briefly for dinner Saturday night. As Matt predicted, we ate at Bertucci's. Afterward, I went to bed because (1) I was tired and (2) we were springing forward and my flight left at 8:30. So I had to be at the airport at 7:30 -- really 6:30. Then twelve hours later, I would arrive in Ithaca. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
No comments:
Post a Comment