Thursday, November 10, 2005

I don't think that they'll be a Friday Five...not at least until Sunday, because on Sunday I'll be back from my conference -- ASTR.

So instead, I'll give you the big news. Mike and I will be moving to somewhere just outside NYC. Mike got a job at IBM. He'll start in January, and then I'll move out there when the house sells (which hopefully will be June or thereabouts (crossing my fingers). I'll have finished my 3 year residency at Cornell at that point, and can move anywhere while I finish my dissertation. So that's the plan. I'd like to live right in the city, but I don't think I'd ever actually get my dissertation done if I did that. So it will be good to be able to go in there to do research and then go somewhere "home" to write.

Of course, this means that we'll be selling the house a year after we purchased it and, may I add, renovated it. So that's not good.

No comments: