Friday, September 09, 2005

Today is my birthday. I'm not too thrilled with the Friday Fives, so today I'll have none of that! Instead, I'll do Lisa's lovely "7" survey.

7 things I plan to do before I die:
travel to Greece and Italy
own a dog
have a child?
play Juliet (uh oh, am I already too old for this?)
ski in Colorado
complete my PhD
be full time faculty at a school I like

7 things I can do:
type fast
put in wood floors
install and grout tile
run old film projectors
listen
kick someone's ass in wiffleball
some salsa dancing

7 things I cannot do:
calculus
recite the ten commandments by heart (unless I consult that Simpson's episode)
sight-read Ancient Greek
get in touch with my radon guy
eat red meat (except for pork)
have enough time
find whatever it is that I'm urgently looking for

7 things that attract me to other people:
they make me laugh
trust
sense of humor about themselves
they make me more sane
support
joi de vivre
artistic talent

7 things that I say most often:
no, I can't. I have rehearsal.
Hey babe?
um. I don't know.
Can I have a medium decaf coffee please?
Ah, is that a DECAF coffee?
Grad office. this is Megan.
I've a right mind to hit you with my parasol.

7 celebrity crushes:
First I have to say, that I feel tremendous guilt associated with celebrity crushes. After all, they are people, and I shouldn't stare at them and drool from a distance. But I do; so here it goes.
Johnny Depp
Joe Fiennes a few years ago (around "Elizabeth")
Joaquin Phoenix in Quills
Johnny Damon (hey, all these men have names starting with J)
Gael Garcia Bernal (oh si!)
Owen Wilson (for Rushmore)
Naomi Watts

7 people I want to do this:
you, you, you, you, you, and you. Oh yeah, and you too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Happy Birthday, Megan!
(love, maura)

That Soft Distortion said...

happy birthday indeed (although we are now somewhat post birthday.)