Sunday, May 19, 2002

My first post: (A phallic nightmare)
Well, I chose to have a "blog" mainly because I need a new procrastinating tool (I haven't been winning at Yahoo Hearts). Also, Lisa interested me in the whole idea of blogs. Her blog is fantastic, and I feel my blog will always run a jealous second to hers. Lacan would say that her blog is holding the phallus.
Speaking of phalluses phallii phalleeeee, I do have a charming story to tell. After turning in 70 pages within one week of school, I decided to take Friday night "off." This means I planned to do nothing -- except perhaps play Hearts and watch some mindless tv shows. Then, I remembered that a pal's senior performance was taking place that night. He called it "The Dildo Show." I thought that "The Dildo Show" would add quite a bit to my night off; I could go and reminisce about "Reality." And "The Dildo Show" was wonderful. But in the middle of a spectacular musical number, a ten foot wooden dildo fell onto my head. It was quite painful and surprising. I did not know what had hit me until I looked in back of me. At that point, I noticed that my friend Joy had been hit. Well, I ended up taking her to the emergency room. She's fine -- just has a sprained neck -- but the emergency room nurses got a kick out of what happened. Every time a new person walked by, a nurse would point to Joy and say: "Ask her what happened." And she would tell them she got hit in the head by a ten foot penis. Classic.

No comments: