Thursday, May 30, 2002

The Saga Continues.
OK, so I also went to the supermarket Dillon's to get boxes. They offer them after midnight so I went back after midnight and got some. Then I packed up all the books and some clothing. I took everything to the post office today and you know what? I didn't cover up the first boxes that I got from the liquor store. I guess you have to do that because the USPS considers alcohol hazardous material. That means they won't ship boxes that contain books in them. So I mailed what I had and dragged five boxes back. Did I mention that they are as heavy as hell?
But, on the good side, I had my first wedding shower tonight. The Kansas ladies threw me a little travel accessory and lingerie wedding shower. I really enjoyed it because I feel the stuff that I got was truly "me." Plus, the group was very supportive and wonderful. We even played a shower game where you had to take toilet paper and make wedding dresses in three minutes. I enjoyed it because I got to judge. I think I might do that at Becky's shower. I bet that she would like to judge too.
The responses continue to come in. Yesterday I came close to guessing the exact couple for a card (instead of guessing the couple for the card before). Perhaps that means I'm improving at the game.
Also, I talked to Becky yesterday and she told me that one of Lucy's friends from work called and had a long conversation with her about how she (the friend) is not married and would like to be. Then she asked Becky, "Is this Meghan?" -- note the spelling here folks, it tells you how the name was said. Becky of course said no, but what she said to me could definitely be a quote of the day.
Quote of the day: "Why would I be planning my own shower?!? And my name is MEgan."
Another good quote of the day comes from watching TLC yesterday.
"My, my aren't they chatty." - Pet Psychic promoting her own show

No comments: