My trip to San Antonio was fab. My Great Aunt Dorothy is simply fantastic! She's done so many things and she has so many stories. I was able to learn so much from her in a weekend. I think the main thing that I learned was that life truly has so much to offer, even if there are some times that are really difficult.
I also now know quite a bit more about the family history on the Leonard side now. My Mom pointed out that I could maybe get an idea of what her father was like from knowing Dorothy (he died before I was born). I heard a few stories about him -- I guess he was VP of a bank before he was a policeman.
San Antonio was also nice because of the Riverwalk there. I mean, the downtown seems a little dead for a city but then you go down a level and there is the beautiful riverwalk. Trees, restaurants, and shops all line the river. We saw fresh ducklings, young ducklings and adolescent ducklings on our boat tour. It was lovely.
What was not lovely was my flight back. Because I was delayed an hour on my first flight coming in, I had to wait six hours at the airport for the next flight to Knoxville. Blech. And most unfortunately, I carried just one carry-on and checked the other thinking that would be easier, but that meant that I carried only what I thought I would read/use during the normal flight time. I left my CD player and my Spanish book in the checked bag. :^(
Nevertheless, I returned at 11:00 to Knoxville and I fly again on Wednesday to Ithaca -- so if I don't blog for awhile after this entry, don't be surprised!
Yo -- how about those POW's being released?!? How fantastic is that?
And how about Georgie's warning to Syria. Dear God, please get this man OUT OF OFFICE in the next election!
No comments:
Post a Comment