Visiting Cornell was a lot of fun. I stayed in the department apartment. It was right next to the theatre building in collegetown. Thus, it was very convenient to the many happy lunch places and, even better, the bottom of my building housed a restaurant called "Eat Dessert First" -- mmmmmmmm.....loving it.
I also enjoyed meeting the grad students. They're fun people and unlike grad students that I met from other schools at ASTR, they don't need to show off by talking about their work. What? You mean there is something to talk about besides work. Yes, indeed, there is.
I also met with two classics professors --one of which is director of graduate studies in the theatre program right now. Both were delightful -- one in a happy professor kind of way and the other in a disheveled formerly british professor kind of way. Incidentally, the fact that the happy prof does comedy and the disheveled prof does tragedy seems to fit their personalities exactly.
On Saturday, I saw Holly Hughes perform. I didn't agree with everything that she had to say, but she was a pretty fantastic performer nonetheless. Before the performance I hung out with a realtor -- we went around and looked at houses, but sadly, because it was Easter weekend, people were not willing to show the inside of the house.Ah well, there's a good chance that these houses will be gone by the time we're ready to buy -- if that's what we do!
In the meantime, I'll just be working at the Baker Donelson I guess. Today at BD was a bit boring. If only the phone rang more, I wouldn't be so bored. Well, tomorrow's Wednesday so perhaps things will pick up. I'm definitely going to have to bring something to occupy my time on Friday though, otherwise I don't think that I'lld make it through the afternoon awake.
No comments:
Post a Comment